Sunday

Sunrise and 2 hours of drunken sleep
Just cancel
Sickness – movement slow

The Pink Jeep arrives, only it’s a Suburban
Scott knows everything from the story of Vegas
to the plight of an endangered turtle
A history lesson and a snow covered mountain

The trailer park trash
in all their tattooed, cigarette smoking glory
stay quiet in the backseat
I realize once again that pink is not my color

We are here
The unforgiving Sun
kissing Nevada like it’s never been kissed
The vastness brings a tear to my eye
No words to express the measure
Thoughts of Papa Joe
long ago in this desolate place
Bring a lump to my cotton throat

No quick movements, please
Cantilevered towers, bowing before Arizona
You sicken me - don’t look
Metropolistic statues were unexpected, but welcome
who knew I would find you here
Oh, to have a cloudy day to look at the stars
I’m so sorry Papa Joe
exploration unbearable

No comments:

Post a Comment